Maldives Training Camp 2023
Dates: March 18th - 28th
WHAT IS IT?
A 10 night full board stay, in the Maldives, with 8 days of intense surf training in tropical, world class waves, such as: Chickens, Cokes, Ninjas, Sultans, Honkeys and Jails.
Video analysis everyday, so you can identify and act on your mistakes quickly, in order to maximize your progress.
WHERE WILL WE STAY?
Our base will be in Thulusdhoo, an island in the North Male Atoll, home to the famous wave of Cokes. The accommodation is 3 minutes walking distance from the wave. You can choose between a shared (max. 3) or a private room.
WHAT WILL A TYPICAL DAY LOOK LIKE?
Usually around 7:30am you will be served a delicious breakfast, with fruits, cereals, toasts, pancakes, coffee and tea, to get you charged up for the day. After that, we will either walk to Cokes or take a boat to surf the other waves, depending on the conditions.
After surfing the whole morning, we may return to the hostel for lunch, or have some food at the boat. In the afternoon we surf again and by sunset we arrive at the hostel.
Now, time for some Yoga, to unwind from an intense day. Dinner is usually served at 8pm.
After dinner comes video analysis. Time to go through the footage from the day and identify how you can progress and what to focus on the next day.
By now, you should be pretty done. Time to get some sleep because tomorrow we´ll do it all over again.
SO WHAT'S INCLUDED?
Basically, from the moment you arrive at Male Airport, almost everything!!!
Let's go through exactly what:
- Airport transfer, from Male to the accommodation and back.
- 10 nights Accommodation in a double or triple room, single beds, in a Guest House
- 9 days of full board - 3 meals a day with varied and healthy food
- 8 days of Surf Training - 2 sessions of 1h30 per day (actual surfing time may be longer)
- 8 sessions of video analysis
- 9 days of boat transfers, as a group, to surf or explore the surroundings
- 9 Yoga sessions
- Close and constant supervision and tutoring by the ISS Team
- Travel preparation workshop - 2 times, 2h video conference + 1 day of surfing (2 sessions, if possible)
- Air transport of surfboard*
* Several airlines carry boards free of charge, depending on weight and measures. If you need a surfboard, you can rent one from us and we will organize the transport of the surfboards to the destination and back.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to Malé **
- Rental of a surfboard provided by ISS*
- Drinks and meals in addition to those included in the full board package
- Any other expenses not mentioned
- Personal expenses
** Based on previous trips experience, we choose to leave at the discretion of each
participant the flight choice, as there are longer, cheaper options with several stops, or more direct flights that have a higher price.
We will provide all necessary support in selection and purchase of airline tickets. These flights, at the moment, can be purchased at prices ranging from 550€ to 750€.
The reefs are not sharp or poisonous like in some other spots around the world, but we would recommend the use of surf boots for comfort and safety.
WHAT'S THE REQUIRED SURFING LEVEL?
In order to really take advantage of this training camp, we recommend that the participants are able to catch waves without assistance in spots that may be crowded sometimes.
- Private room +350€ (under consultation)
The selected accommodation has a maximum capacity of 6 rooms and 16 people. In case several participants opt for the Private room, ISS reserves the right to charge an extra fee to compensate for not being able to accept at least 8 participants.
Any extra charges will be informed in a timely manner.
- Professional Photography
Our host is also a professional photographer. He will join us in most of the sessions and he will take pictures of us, from the water and boat. By the end of your stay, you can ask to have a look at the pictures and decide if you want any, all or none. He will charge you 30 € / selected photo or 150 € for all of them. As this service is provided by our host, ISS does not assume any responsibility for it.
SO HOW MUCH WILL THIS COST?
But there are limited spaces available! To reserve your spot you have until January 15th to confirm!
I STILL HAVE MANY QUESTIONS TO ASK…
Carlos will be available for a Q&A with anyone that is interested. Just contact him via the phone number below, or drop us and email!
If you want to join, send us an email and let us know at what time would it fit best for you.
+351 966 333 114